Christopher Calandra CFP shares his 3 steps to Secure Financial Freedom.
We spend more time planning the family vacation than we do our financial future. That's a bold statement that Chistopher Calandra, a certified financial planner, makes during our interview for today's show. I think this is a shocking statistic but unfortunately it is true. Are we so busy living our lives that we don't step back and have a look at where we are heading? Long term goals may be hard to get your head around but once you stop and see the importance of setting some financial goals then you will be on your way to securing your financial future.
June 29, 2017
25 min 44 sec
- 1:50 Introduce Christopher Calandra, CFP, Elliot Wealth Management Services
- 3:30 Planning late in life. The disconnect with Financial Planning
- 5:50 Where do you want to be in 30 years time?
- 8:15 Pay yourself first - you need an investing system
- 9:30 Can't rely on the government
- 11:10 When should you start saving?
- 12:30 Understanding margin of error
- 14:30 More tips - how to keep track of your net worth
- 18:00 Have financial goals
- 20:50 Myths about the size of the nest egg
- 22:45 What is liquid net worth?